Julie is keenly aware of the many issues facing women, couples and families today. As a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over twenty years experience in the mental health field, Julie is the founder and executive director of Wasatch Family Therapy, a private practice that provides effective counseling to individuals, couples, and families. She is passionate about helping women improve their personal lives, marriages, and family relationships.
She specializes in women’s emotional health and relationship issues and speaks regularly at workshops, seminars and conferences helping women find the balance between caring for themselves and their loved ones. Julie is also a featured contributor on KSL’s morning show Studio 5, was a talk show host and producer for a KJZZ TV 14′s Home Team, and is the go-to authority for many additional media outlets regarding mental health and relationship topics. Julie holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology, and a master’s degree in clinical social work.
Unfortunately, I am not currently taking new on-going psychotherapy, marriage or family therapy clients. However, I’m happy to recommend one of my excellent colleagues to you. Please Call 801.944.4555 or visit WasatchFamilyTherapy.com to schedule a psychotherapy session.
Schedule a Consultation
While I’m not taking on-going psychotherapy clients, I am offering 1-2 time coaching/consultations for problem solving and educational information and recommendations based on your individual or relationship needs. This is not considered psychotherapy and I will not provide a diagnosis.
Consultations are offered via phone or Skype.
Here’s the process for scheduling a consultation:
1) Schedule via online scheduler below. Select “mental health/relationship consultation” from the drop-down menu.
2) Pre-pay via PayPal below $200/ 50 min. session to confirm appointment
*By scheduling a session you understand that this is not a counseling/therapy/or psychotherapy session. This is an educational consultation/coaching session for problem solving and recommendations.
- Women’s Emotional Health
- Couples Counseling
- Parenting & Family Relationships
- Eating Disorders & Body Image
- Sexual Intimacy
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Postpartum Emotional Disorders
- Miscarriage & Infertility
- LDS Counseling
- Creativity Coaching
- Private Practice Consultations
- Technology and Mental Health
- Social Media Consulting
- Master of Social Work, University of Utah (1995)
- Owner & Clinical Director of Wasatch Family Therapy, LLC
- Regular Contributor on KSL TV’s Studio 5 on emotional health and family relationships
- #1 Online Influencer Making a Difference For Depression by Sharecare.com
- Advisory Board Member and Expert Blogger at DailyStrength.com
- Former TV Talk Show Host/Producer of “Home Team” on KJZZ TV 14
- Podcast host of “You and Yours” on The Women’s Information Network
- Writer for PsychCentral.com’s “Ask the Therapist” (click here to login and ask a question of the site)
- Blogger for on PsychCentral.com “Private Practice Toolbox”
- Regular blog contributor on Sharecare
- Former columnist for Wasatch Woman Magazine
- Advanced externship and core skills training in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Board Certified Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (ABECSW)
- Board Certified in Practice with Children Their Families (ABECSW)
- International Psychotherapy Institute (Associate Member)
- Association of Mormon Counselors & Psychotherapists
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- National Eating Disorder Association
- National Association of Social Workers